Paid Front End Developer Internship (Remote)
We're looking for an awesome graduate intern to join our fast-growing marketing agency working on a full-time, remote-working basis. We offer challenging work for real clients, intensive training and mentoring, a stipend of £1,300 a month and the possibility to move into a permanent role for successful candidates.
For more about working at Articulate, visit our website, and check out these articles: About us and what it's like to be an Articulate intern.
Typical assignments (with training, support and time to learn new platforms):
- Implementing website designs in HubSpot COS and WordPress (these include building modal pop-ups, responsive website pages as per provided design mock-ups, sticky sidebars and others, for data-driven, agile websites)
- Building simple applications for internal use, most likely using Ruby On Rails
- Making small changes to our Turbine application using Ruby on Rails
- Managing small projects, under supervision
We specialise in the technology sector and our clients include well-known names such as Microsoft, Symantec and Dell as well as ambitious smaller tech companies.
If you’re interested, please apply right away.
Successful Articulate staff are analytical, thoughtful, creative, passionate and intellectually curious.
We expect you to have:
- Degree-level (or equivalent) front end development qualifications with a strong emphasis on practical coding
- A great eye for design and good understanding of design trends
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Curiosity and excitement about the world of technology (our target market)
- An uncanny ability to communicate well with non-techies and help them reach smart decisions in a diplomatic way
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail to an almost obsessive level
- The ability to learn new code languages and technology quickly and the enthusiasm to do it
- Fluent written and spoken English
For additional bonus points:
- Experience with WordPress or HubSpot
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar application frameworks
- An interest in digital marketing
- Graphic design skills
- Experience with agile development
- Knowledge of Growth Driven Design
What you should know
- Articulate Marketing is a small, entrepreneurial company so this is a demanding but informal programme that will suit a rugged individualist rather than a corporate clone.
- We expect you to work (very) hard but this isn’t an office job. You will be working remotely from home. We are a virtual company that uses web conferencing, Slack, Basecamp and email to communicate.
- You will need to be able to come to London on a monthly basis for company and client meetings. You must have the right to work in the UK.
- A chance to deliver meaningful work for amazing clients, including Microsoft plus ambitious, interesting smaller firms
- The ability to work remotely - from home - in a flexible way
- Training and support in agile web development, HubSpot and WordPress, HTML and CSS as well as access to online courses for other skills.
- Initially a three-month engagement that can, optionally, be renewed for a further three months or converted into a permanent position
- A stipend of £1,300 a month.