Sales and Marketing Consultant (Remote)
We're looking for an awesome Sales and Marketing Consultant to join our agency on a full-time, remote-working basis. In this role, you will be connecting with prospective clients of the agency and taking good-fit prospects through a pre-sales consultancy process. You will also support account managers with analysis and research reports.
In this role, you will:
- Connect with leads and prospects by phone and email - you'll spend a lot of time on this
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement sales plans
- Carry out initial 'discovery' calls with warm leads
- Schedule in-depth sales calls for colleagues
- After training, carry out 'inbound marketing assessments' and 'strategy and planning calls' yourself
- Working with account managers to budget client work and build marketing plans
- Reviewing client marketing results, such as A/B tests, blog analytics, PPC analytics etc. to help teams optimise results
- Researching industry stats, market trends, audience personas, competitors to help us generate thought leadership content, brief writers and improve our marketing and sales
If you’re interested, please apply right away.
Successful candidates are analytical, creative, self-motivated and intellectually curious.
In addition, you should be:
- A great communicator with confident, fluent written and spoken English. You enjoy talking to people and you are naturally curious.
- Genuinely interested in business, technology and marketing.
- Sales-focused. Previous successful sales experience or a strong interest in this aspect of the work.
- Analytical. We’re looking for a naturally curious person, who loves to read and delve into new topics. You must enjoy independent research, and be able to absorb and process a lot of new information quickly.
- Self-disciplined and process driven. You have a strong work ethic and you’re good at organising yourself. We set high standards for ourselves so details matter and processes are important. You treble-check your work.
- Confident presentation skills (or the ability to learn and apply them)
- A good fit for our company culture. Read more about Articulate and how we work.
What you should know:
- We’re looking for people with a good academic record, or the equivalent relevant life experience, but a degree in marketing itself isn’t necessary.
- Articulate Marketing is a small, entrepreneurial company so this role will suit a rugged individualist rather than a corporate clone.
- We expect you to work hard but this isn’t an office job. You will be working remotely and flexibly from home. We are a virtual company that uses web conferencing, Slack and email to communicate.
- You will need to be able to travel to London on a regular basis, perhaps 8-10 times a year, for company and client meetings. We pay your travel costs.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
- The freedom to work remotely - from home - in a flexible way.
- An opportunity to contribute directly to the growth and success of the agency and get an in-depth understanding of the sales and marketing process.
- Training, primarily focused on sales, inbound marketing and analytics.
- A starting salary of £21,944 plus pension contribution, performance-related sales incentive plan worth up to £1,000 per new client, a 'happiness account' for training worth £840 a year, home-working and phone allowance worth £336 a year, 28 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and other benefits, such as access to the company Kindle library.